We want to make visible initiatives that respond to the great global challenges from concrete and localized transformative economic practices
The organizations, networks and entities participating in the FSMET process can register their transformative initiatives: struggles, campaigns, projects, policies and practices that embody the search for transforming economies, in its broadest sense. We look for initiatives that respond to the great global challenges from concrete and localized practices.
TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGES AND DIMENSIONS
We will group the challenges into the following categories, also depending on the 4 dimensions of transformation proposed in the virtual FSMET of June 2020:
Sociopolitical challenges to transform power relations and flows (at institutional, political and organizational levels):
o Transformation of power: Public policies. Institutions. Campaigns against corporate power and commercial agreements.
o Transformation of the political. Which organizations to combat the capital-life contradiction? Strategies to unite and gain strength through sustained mobilization. Local and global movements from transforming economies.
Economic challenges to transform the economy and finances (productive and reproductive, material flows and forms of exchange):
o Transformation of the economy: New reproductive and care model. Plural and inclusive social markets. Economic democracy. Solidarity chains of marketing, production, distribution, financing, and consumption.
Environmental challenges to transform relationships with nature and ecosystems (including the social dimension, such as climate justice)
o Transformation of the energy model
o Transformation of the agri-food model
o Transformation of the extractivist model
Technoscientific and knowledge challenges, to transform culture, science, education, the imaginary.
o Transformation of the educational and research model
o Construction of digital commons, cooperative platform commons.
WHERE CAN AN INITIATIVE BE REGISTERED?
You can register an initiative on the participatory platform forum.transformadora.org.
WHO CAN REGISTER AN INITIATIVE?
An initiative can be registered by any entity or group that has participated or not in the previous FSMET process.
The call is open to any form linked to transforming economies:
• Labor companies
• Insertion companies
• Special work centers
• Agricultural transformation companies
• Embryonic projects still without legal form (as long as they can demonstrate rooting and social support in their territory)
WHAT IS THE INITIATIVE REGISTRY FOR?
The different fields to be detailed in the registry of initiatives will serve so that they can be part of a directory in forum.transformadora with the aim of making existing transformative initiatives visible. The FSMET process encourages us to be able to show transformative economic practices and that they are visible through a showcase, which serves to promote and enhance all these initiatives, as benchmarks for transforming economies.
Those who receive the most support on the forum.transformadora.org portal as well as the best scores from the Selection Committee, will be offered an exchange opportunity as a sponsorship - north / south, south / north - that guarantees knowledge and mutual aid. , with the human and economic resources that are necessary for the corresponding exchanges. The sponsored initiatives will participate in the FSMET 2020 program in the month of October and November, subsequently joining a digital publication and opening a round of financing with global ethical finance actors.
• If we favor opting for comprehensive profitability in all dimensions: economic, social and ecological of the whole process.
• If the objective is to respond to the needs of the local population.
• If harmony between the individual and the collective is stimulated.
• If they methodologically exercise our capacities.
• The initiatives will have to be endorsed with a letter of support specifying what the support (dissemination,…) will consist of by a promoter network of the FSMET
Up to a maximum of 10 points will be scored per initiative.
• 2 points, if you present a gender equality plan
• 2 points if you present a social economic viability plan
• 2 points if it is replicable in other territories / sectors
• 1 point if innovative
• 1 point if it is transformer
• 1 point if it adds value to the community
• 1 point if the project is supported by more than one network.
MINIMUM AND MAXIMUM NUMBER OR PROJECTS SELECTED
• 2 for each challenge by popular vote
• 3 for each challenge by the Selection Committee
• 15 projects selected in total, 5 of them will be at the local level and at least 3 in gender terms
• They could be deserted if the Selection Committee considers not meeting the minimum conditions
The Selection Committee will be made up of a minimum of seven people and always an odd number related to transforming economies and who are part of the Coordinating Committee of the FSMET.
Their mission will be to monitor whether they meet the criteria and, regardless of popular votes, decide on a winning project for each sector.
Acceptance of these bases Potential participants will be informed that the simple participation in We accept the Challenge implies the total acceptance of these bases as well as the decisions of the organizing entities. The Selection Committee reserves the right to disqualify those projects that fail to comply with them and, especially, any project in which non-truthful data is entered.
The Selection Committee reserves the right to modify any of the points and / or conditions detailed in these rules, and undertakes to duly notify the participating projects.
INFORMATION REGARDING PERSONAL DATA
• Until September 30: Presentation of proposals and their publication at forum.transformadora.org (We decided)
• From October 1 to October 11: Popular Voting through Decidimos
• From October 12 to 19: proposed evaluation and review.
• From October 20 Notification to the selected initiatives
• From October 26 to November 22: Public presentations and collection of contributions within the framework of the Solidarity Economy Fair of Catalonia (FESC)
• From November 23 to December 31: accompaniment process, financing rounds or the like.
• December 15: Definitive publication of the interactive digital book, within the framework of the Literal Fair.
• Search for individual and collective needs from November 1 to December 31 (multidisciplinary team made up of people from the set of actors and territories of the process to follow)
• Launch of the mutual aid process and possible productions, during the first half of 2021. During this phase, consider the possibility of a physical meeting in Barcelona city